*** This position is an UNPAID 3-6 month Internship ***
Are you obsessed with finding and sharing stories online? Do your friends look to you on Facebook and Twitter for the latest trends, ideas, and memes? Zappening, LLC is a Chicago based Mobile App startup set on changing how the world discovers food, fun and entertainment and just as passionate about disrutping the way bars, restaurants, bands and venues advertise to their customers.
Zappening, LLC is looking for creative and hungry interns for a 3-6 month internship to join our marketing/Social Media marketing team. We are seeking candidates that are strong with today’s current and relevant social media platforms as well as Hootsuite.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
We’re ideally seeking an undergraduate student in the Chicago area (but open) that is majoring in Sales, Marketing or Advertising. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be as anal about grammar as I am.
What you will learn and gain:
- How to create a long term social media and marketing campaign and calendar
- How to track social media analytics using Hootsuite, Bit.ly and other software and report results to the COO and ZEO
- How to create compelling content and get it shared by influencers
- Much more – You will work closely with the COO and ZEO and other team members as we grow
What we require:
- Background in Marketing, Communication or other closely related discipline
- Assist with development of social media marketing campaign
- Fearless – Not afraid to be bold and work against conventional marketing thinking as we tend to think a bit differently. Be Obsessed or Be Average
- Knowledge of Hootsuite is pretty much mandatory
- A basic working knowledge of WordPress is a huge +++
- Set up and/or optimize company pages within each platform to exponentially increase the visibility of company’s social content and brand
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds the Zappening brand and encourages users or advertisers to take action
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Love for using social networking sites and a general hunger and excitement to continually learn and grow
You better be prepared to have fun, work your butt off (bet you can’t keep up with me) for a new and growing startup. You’ll come away from the internship with solid experience having helped develop and run a successful multi-platform social media campaign/blitz for a future multi-billion dollar company.
We expect this position to being around April 1, 2017. You will be expected to work 15-20 hours per week and this will be an unpaid position.
This could lead to a permanent, full-time salaried position for the right candidate.
Creativity, desire and attitude will all be considered when choosing the best candidate.
If this sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you.
To apply please submit your resume and any portfolio work.
|Job Category||Marketing and Advertising|
|Job Title||Social Media Marketing Intern|