*** This is for a 3-6 month UNPAID Internship starting on or about May 1, 2017 ***
(Potentially leading to lucrative full time employment for the right Candidate(s))
Zappening, LLC is a Chicago based Mobile App startup obsessed with revolutionizing how the world discovers great restaurants, nightlife and entertainment. We’re every bit as passionate about re-defining the way bars, restaurants, bands and venues advertise to their customers.
We’re relatively new and have a long way to grow, but rest assured, we will!
We are a driven, energetic start-up team who is looking for a qualified Mobile App Developer(s) to join our Engineering team.
Your primary objective and focus will be to develop, from scratch, new proprietary coding for the next generation of our mobile app.
You will also be working in tandem with our current contract developer to improve and maintain our prototype mobile application(s).
If you’re passionate about mobile platforms and translating code into a user-friendly app, we would like to talk to you. As a Mobile developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to redevelop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, you should be able to help maintain, redesign and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
*** Candidates need not be located in the Chicago but preference give to those that are. U.S. candidates only please ***
Key things you’ll learn and get with us:
- The opportunity to work on, help create and define what we believe is the future of advertising in the bar, restaurant and entertainment industry
- Put your learned knowledge into real-world, practical use
- The chance to add your creative, knowledge and ideas for a new mobile app concept
- Be one of the early employees of what we will be making into a multi-billion dollar company (and all the benefits that come with that)
- The ability to have a ton of fun in creating the future in social planning and advertising
What we are looking for and what you bring to the table:
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development
- Produce fully functional mobile application writing clean code
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI/UX tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Leadership development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trend
- A burning desire to excel as a Mobile App developer
- A solid understanding of the entire development process from Requirement discovery, UX/UI Design & Wireframing, Coding, Testing & Modification & Launch.
- A constant desire to grow, improve and always better yourself and your skill set
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market – (We’d like to be see some of the work you’ve done)
- Proficiency in both iOS and Android architecture as our App is on both platforms
Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C
Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc)
Familiar with x-code & Swift
- AndroidStrong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)Familiar with the Android SDKKnowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management systemFamiliar with Eclipse
- CommonUnderstanding of other compiled languages
Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
Experience of development using web technologies
Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
Experience building web and native apps
Experience using social media APIs
Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART)
Using version control (e.g. SVN)
Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- In-depth knowledge of at least one (preferably multiple) programming languages like Swift and Java
- Knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- BSc degree or working on a BS/MS in Computer Science or relevant field
- LAMP development experience
- PHP frameworks (e.g. Zend)
- PHP template engines (e.g. Smarty)
- Creative design skills
- Working with a content management system
- Working in a media/ publishing environment
If you want to launch your career in a collaborative, exciting community, then we want to hear from you!
As noted above, this is an UNPAID internship which could lead to lucrative full time employment for the right candidate(s)
Send us a cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
Please, no fluff.
Let us know why you’re the right candidate and deserve the opportunity to work with us.
*** Please download our app and review our website prior to us having to our first interview. We are looking for someone as excited about the future and vision of this growing company as we are.
We look forward to hearing from you!